If you’ve never written a letter to your sponsored child, today is a great day to start!
8 Professional Park Dr.
Maryville, IL 62062
You are welcome to write longer letters, but you shouldn’t feel obligated to do so. Write a quick note on a card. However much you choose to write will be valued by your sponsored child.
- Describe your family. Share everything you are comfortable sharing that is age appropriate for your sponsored child.
- Talk about your children, parents, pets…Tell stories about family members and friends, and tell your sponsored child why you’re thankful for them.
- Be sure to include photos of everyone. Sponsored children love to receive pictures of their sponsors’ families.
- Talk about your relationship with Jesus Christ. Your words can help your sponsored child understand that God is real.
- Ask about church and her favorite Bible stories.
- Ask about school. What are your sponsored child’s favorite subjects in school? Who are your child’s teachers? Find ways to encourage your child’s strengths by asking questions about the things he or she is good at.
- Ask your sponsored children about their friends. Ask their friends’ names, and what they like to do with their friends for fun. What sports and games does your sponsored child play?
- Elaborating on your material possessions (for example, the size of your home or kind of car you drive). This will only accentuate the difference between you and your child.
- Suggesting that your sponsored child visit the United States.
- Using slang that would be difficult to understand.
- Asking what your sponsored child would like for a present from you.
- Greeting cards
- Encouraging notes and scriptures
- Flat cloth bracelets
- Small flat devotionals
Your encouragement means the world to your sponsored child, so write letters often!
[button style=”btn-default btn-lg” type=”link” target=”false” title=”Sponsor A Child Today” link=”/donation-category/sponsorship/sponsor-a-child/” linkrel=””]