Suffering from “Writers Block” – here are some great prompts to help you start the communication with your sponsored child.
About Your Childhood
- What activities did you enjoy as a child?
- Who was your favorite teacher? What was the teacher like?
- How did you get your name? What does it mean?
- Tell your child about what you did when you were their age. Let them know what you liked to play and any hobbies you enjoyed.
About Your Faith
- Did you grow up in church?
- How did you come to know Jesus? Share the testimony of how you came to the Lord or what your Faith means to you.
- What’s one of your favorite Bible stories or passages? Why?
- What do you believe is God’s purpose for your family?
- How has God been faithful to your family?
- What prayers has God answered in your family?
- If you have a favorite praise song, you could share some of the lyrics and tell your child why you like it.
- If you or your family does a daily/weekly devotional, you could share it and your thoughts on it.
About Your Family
- What’s your favorite thing about your family?
- In what way does your family work together best?
- How has God recently answered your prayer?
- How have you sensed God’s leading at different points of your life?
- Who is your spiritual role model?
- How has God comforted you in trouble?
- Why do you love God?
- Look outside your window and describe some of the beauty that you see.
- Describe the changes of the seasons in your area, send pictures of the changing seasons.
About Your Sponsored Child
- What is your prayer for your sponsored child?
- How do you remember the child throughout the week or month?
- Why does this child matter to you?
- What have you recently learned about the child’s country?
- What do you hope the child will learn about God or spiritual life?
- What do you appreciate about this child? (Comment on recent letter, the child’s prayers for you, artwork in a letter, smile in the photo, or something else.)
- What do you want your sponsored child to remember when facing discouragement?
- What do you think about the child’s latest letter or picture you received?
- How has being a sponsor changed you?